I Always Feel Like... Somebody's Watching Me!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

5:30 AM

 The argument can be made that nothing good happens at 5:30 in the morning. Sunrises, all-you-can eat breakfast buffets, polar bear swimming.... much more enjoyable after staying up all night than waking early to enjoy them. Me and the AM hours have always disliked each other.

 So while a surprisingly high number of Americans were waking at this god-awful hour to watch the Royal Wedding...I was trying to catch my last moments of sleep. To he honest, I don't think I would even get up at 5:30 AM to attend the wedding of someone I loved, let alone some pretentious people in England.

It seems to be a cruel twist of fate that my kids now love waking up early in the morning. And even if they aren't ready to wake up - our animals are doing everything they can to sabotage my sleep.

Set scene: 5:30 AM, my pillow. I am crunched between Elliot, Gregory and Jackson in my bed. Elliot has thankfully fallen back asleep after crying and nursing. Enter Koko... who jumps in his un-catlike, clumsy way right onto Elliot and scares the crap out of him.

 Elliot is crying, Koko literally gets a spanking, and we are now awake for the day. Hasn't Koko learned anything from his previous escapades?

No comments:

Post a Comment