I Always Feel Like... Somebody's Watching Me!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy "Mother's" Day!

 Feeling lots of love today, with the mommy shout-outs from facebook, an awesome card from my sister, text messages and emails. I wish women were always so positive with each other - encouraging instead of judgemental, inclusive instead of one-upping each other. We're all trying to accomplish the same thing every day; maintaining our sanity while caring and loving and witnessing the amazing growth of our children.

 My favorite quote of the day is, "The essence of motherhood is not restricted to women who have given birth; it is inherent to both men and women. It is an attitude of the mind. It is love, and love is the very breath of life." Whether you came to motherhood through the actual use of our birth canals, adoption, marriage or reaching out to a friends' child - enjoy the celebratory day! In my book, any "mother" out there who loves a child deserves the recognition.

My Mom - always baking a bad-ass cake.

Couldn't resist the picture with baby Evie!

 I am personally grateful of course to my own Mom, but also to all of the women who show an interest in my life. Some of the best "Moms" out there are the aunts, friends, godparents who make the effort not because they are supposed to, but because they want to. (Don't worry, men, you'll get your appreciation on "Father's" Day!)


 As for the crew in my house: Ayla showed her appreciation through cards, drawings and helping to unload the dishwasher. According to her, "My mom is good at driving a car and she never gets into trouble." Jackson gave me a few hugs, uttered the words Happy Mothers Day in his cute, cute dialect and didn't make that big of a mess running to the potty. Elliot was all cuddles, mostly because his third tooth is about to push through. Some of the moments I feel most appreciated as a Mom are when he nurses.... he holds my hands, strokes my face, looks up at me to make sure I'm still there (as if I wasn't connected!), smiles and does his best to make contented noises.

 Although Gregory had to work this morning, I am really looking forward to my new favorite meal of fish tacos. He knows me well and found all of the ingredients for my favorite drink: Dark N Stormys!

 Bring on the alcohol for Mother's Day! :)

1 comment: