I Always Feel Like... Somebody's Watching Me!

Friday, August 26, 2011

It Takes A Thief

It used to be that I would crawl into bed at night to find random toys, books and kitchen utensils. Whatever Ayla and Jackson were playing with always seemed to end up under a pillow or hidden in wrinkled blankets.

Now instead of finding unnecessary items... I am missing crucial ones. Several of my library books have gone missing (as I am sure their covers looked interesting) and last night I found myself without my new satin pillowcase.

I recently made a silky satin pillowcase out of remnant fabric because I had read in a magazine that it was good for stomach sleepers. I sleep with my face buried in my pillow, and since at the ripe age of 30 I am now prone to wrinkles; a smooth satin fabric is supposed to help.

And it does help. I love my new pillowcase.

Apparently, Ayla does too!

Last night I could not find my pillow. Gregory had put the kids to sleep while I was at yoga class, so I figured that some pint-sized person had stolen it and was snuggling with it in bed.

But 3 AM rolled around and I couldn't take it anymore. I am hooked on this satin pillowcase and I needed it! But a quick survey of the kids' room provided nothing. No one was cozy with it on their beds.

I was searching in their closet and then under the beds when Ayla woke up and smiled at me. I said, "Hey crazy person, where is my pillow?" She laughed and said. "Under my bed."

Well, it wasn't just under the bed. It was shoved behind two storage containers and completely hoarded away! If she is going to steal my pillow, she might as well use it!

Ayla was willing to trade the satin pillowcase for her new Hello Kitty one, so the stakes are high. Looks like I have some more sewing to do to prevent any more pillowcase searches in the middle of the night.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

1 comment:

  1. I am a huge fan of all of Ayla's antics and hijinks!!!!

    ReplyDelete