I Always Feel Like... Somebody's Watching Me!

Friday, August 5, 2011

Broccoli, grow for me!

Garden, you are starting to hurt my feelings. Ten broccoli plants nurtured as seedlings in my basement as early as March... and this is all you give me? I planted you, watered you and even with your Martha Stewart organic labeling, this is the best you can do?

Our broccoli always thrived at home in Pittsburgh, so I am at a loss as to what is so different now. I had to cut the pathetic sprouts last night before they turned into flowers; I managed about a half cup on the kids' pizza for dinner. That isn't much of a return on four months of work.

"I've given you sunshine, I've given you dirt. You've given me nothing but heartache and hurt!

.... what do you want from me, blood?"


Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

1 comment:

  1. I was coming to post a comment that said, "Feed me Seymour!", but then I saw you already tagged this post "little shop of horrors"

    ReplyDelete