I Always Feel Like... Somebody's Watching Me!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

In Gratitude

Ahhhh, the start of a new year.

I would certainly like to package up the troubles of 2010 and leave them behind. This past year has been stressful, eye-opening, painful but also full of laughter, incredible baby joy and truly amazing friends and family.

Apparently this is the time in my life that I'm going to experience change and more change. Changes that I expected and changes that I'm not too pleased with. Change that makes me feel out of control and change that I can take part in. Change in myself and change in the people around me. Growing toddlers, growing babies, growing me.

So I'm taking the first day of this new year to be grateful above all other emotions. I'm grateful that I'm healthy and that my family is healthy. I am grateful for sound words of advice when sometimes I couldn't see anything sane around me! I am grateful for my friends and family here in Pittsburgh that have stood by me - babysitting three crazy children, keeping me company on busy weekday nights, sharing bottles of wine, sharing my frustrations, accompanying me to the grocery store, giving me a break to get my hair cut; it goes on and on.

The past couple of months with Gregory out of town, I have leaned heavily on all of you and I am so deeply appreciative. I am in gratitude. I hope I get the opportunity to do the same for you.

 And all this time, knowing that I was soon to leave Pittsburgh and all of it's citizens behind, I didn't expect that I would become so much more attached! It's an understatement to say I'm hella scared to move away from the circle of support we've been lucky enough to have here - but I'm jumping into the waters of change before I have enough time to think about it!

To Buffalo? Here we go. With heaps and heaps of gratitude for the amazing, loyal people in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment