I Always Feel Like... Somebody's Watching Me!

Friday, February 10, 2012

The Insensitive Air Freshener

  In the battle to keep our house clean, organized (say what!) and in general, sanitary enough for human habitation - I have started to utilize more and more air fresheners. I try to keep plants in every room of the house, although many do not thrive without constant sunlight. I have tried incense but the smell doesn't last long enough and it always makes just another mess of crumbly ashes.

 Some might say that I should just take out the garbage more than once a day. But I say that is wasteful. Some might suggest that I get oil diffusers (but little hands like to make horrible messes with that sort of thing!) Some might also point out that I should be cleaning more often. Riiiigghhht. I can't help but sanitize the bathroom and toilet with Lysol every day. What I want is a house that actually smells good instead of not smelling bad.

  With the help of the most insensitive air freshener ever made, we are on our way to smelling like a fresh bouquet. I bought an Airwick device that is supposed to "sense" an odor and let out little puffs of fresh, lily of the valley goodness. Great idea. The problem with most plug-in air fresheners is that our noses adjust to a certain, constant scent and pretty soon, it doesn't seem like anything is there at all. This little Airwick guy isn't continually spewing perfume into the air - it sends out a burst of scent when necessary.

 Only it is hurting my feelings.

 It is in the bathroom - so of course, it is working overtime. Five people, three of them being overly enthusiastic about stinking up the house, sharing one small space. So I understand that the Airwick is working hard. But does it have to spray when I walk by in the hallway? I shower once a day - give me some credit! It sprays when I brush my teeth or use soap to wash my hands. Is toothpaste a detectable bad odor... or is my breath really that bad when I wake up? As I am sitting there, watching the kids in the bath, it sprays at least five times. That's just rude.

 We have taken one big step in the direction to getting our house "floral fresh", but I wish it didn't have to come at the cost of my self-esteem!

1 comment:

  1. hi very nice blog and very nice information and so cool.. I LOVE this product. I will most definitely buy this again. We have taken one big step in the direction to getting our house "floral fresh", but I wish it didn't have to come at the cost of my self-esteem!

    ReplyDelete