I Always Feel Like... Somebody's Watching Me!

Thursday, November 25, 2010

All I want for Christmas...

is Jackson's two front teeth.

I'm serious. I want my poor little guy to still have all of his teeth this Christmas.

Two ridiculously unnecessary falls causing trauma to the same tooth each time - and he has officially killed the root. This is one of my low mothering moments. The first time he fell, he chipped the front tooth and I took him to the dentist to have the sharp edge filed down.

Then, a few weeks ago, I was playing with him and he took a giant leap into a pile of cushions we have in our living room. Only he didn't estimate correctly and somehow busted his face on the arm of his mini recliner. His gums turned a weird whitish color and started bleeding from behind his teeth. Then his top lip swelled to at least 10 times its' regular size. This was one of those injuries where I cried more than he did.

Back to the dentist for x-rays and confirmation that he had moved the root. (And with every visit, I seem to be pushing him closer and closer to a lifetime fear of the dentist.)

I've been stressing about it for a month now, hoping and praying that his tooth somehow would be fine. Nope. The root is dissolving and it's only a matter of time before it has to go. His front two teeth have both turned a muted gray color. He's as cute as ever, but I love his teeth! I don't want to see any of them go - gray or not!

What kills me the most is that he did this while I was RIGHT THERE. He's taken harder falls outside on the concrete without any injury. So now we wait and see how long he can keep his chipped tooth.

Life - One, Me - Zero.

No comments:

Post a Comment