I Always Feel Like... Somebody's Watching Me!

Sunday, April 30, 2023

Infusion #3 - The One Where I Was Really Tired

 A friend who unfortunately has already gone down this chemotherapy road described it as a roller coaster and SHE IS CORRECT. Fluctuating between good weeks and bad weeks, counting down the days. 

 I'm lucky (ha! lucky) enough to have infusions every other week, giving my body time to rebound. The problem with that is I get a little taste of good health before willingly putting myself back into the chemo chair to do it all over again. The effects are cumulative - so I believe I've passed the honeymoon phase of relative good energy and spirits. Everything hit harder this time. The fatigue. The nausea. The languid manner. The really gross sweet metallic aftertastes. I came home from treatment last Monday and was probably a bit of a mess. I left water running in the bathroom after washing my hands, threw my coat on the floor, probably threw a few other things and went straight to bed. Luckily with the meal train - I woke up to eat dinner and lasted about an hour before needing to go back to bed. 

 It could be worse, I know - but mentally, it's difficult for me to just "let it be" and wait it out. It's not normal for me to watch movies in the middle of the afternoon. I've let Finian spend many hours on Roblox this week. I have an unfinished sewing project, a quilt top that is practically taunting me... "Come on, just a few more rows and I could be finished!" 

 Gifts and cards have been rolling in at alarming speed and I am so grateful. I do tend to put myself on an island when life is less than ideal - and it means everything to me that while the world is moving at full speed, so many friends have taken the time to write a note or pick out some pretty epic pick-me-ups when I'm laying on the couch like a bum. 

 And to round out this update: let me share my movie reviews from the films I've watched at odd hours of the day. 

Whitney Houston : I Wanna Dance With Somebody - 7 out of 10. Mostly because it's hard to dislike reliving songs that you played on the jukebox at Pizza Hut in 1988. 

The Whale - oh my god, 2 out of 10. I know it's an adaptation of a play, so that must explain some of the melodrama but I couldn't get past it. Kudos for makeup, etc etc, but no thanks. 

I switched to Queer Eye after the long movies and as always, 10 out of 10. 



1 comment:

  1. Mmm I’ve been curious about the Whitney Houston movie. Good to know. Love you friend. Keep persevering. 💕

    ReplyDelete