I Always Feel Like... Somebody's Watching Me!

Monday, June 14, 2010

June in the Garden


Oh! There's so much to catch up on: Ayla's dance recital (and the true performance that finally came out), our Babymoon trip to Boston and Rhode Island, the new fence, excellent books to share, etc. The problem is that when I finally sit down at the end of the night to share anything - I'm exhausted. I'm sticking to a simple post tonight.

Part of the reason I've been so tired is all of the work going into the garden. My green thumb has been pretty weak lately - I can plant only a few items at a time before my legs get all tingly and I have to park it in one of the lawn chairs. My body is just not keeping up with my brain.

But we've made a lot of progress and almost all of the available garden space is growing new plant life! Things aren't as perfect as I'd hoped after Baxter tore up more than half of the broccoli sprouts. But Gregory built a beautiful new raised garden bed AND a cucumber trellis - man of my dreams! And I'm not kidding, he knows what really makes me happy.

This is the June garden update: look forward to a month from now when the zucchini plant is threatening to take over and we have tons of berries to pick!



The strawberry patch takes over

You can see the grapes are going to be out of control.


A delicious snap pea.


Heirloom tomato plants from Construction Junction


A japanese eggplant (Ayla asked if it was going to lay eggs).



The old fence which Baxter totally ignored... as he does the NEW higher fence we put in later. My poor broccoli.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to reap the benefits of all of your hard work. You continue to make me feel guilty each summer for tearing our garden out - but I know I simply don't have your dedication!

    ReplyDelete