I Always Feel Like... Somebody's Watching Me!

Friday, June 18, 2010

The BEEP said it all

What's a beep?

It's a fart, or passing gas, or whatever your family may call it.

I grew up in a house where we weren't allowed to say the word "fart", making it one of the funniest words I know. I am extremely juvenile about it - and always have been. I spent many a sleepover with my friends laughing about farting.

And the humor lives on...

Tonight, while Ayla, Jackson and I were out enjoying ice cream cones on the back porch, Ayla let out a huge "beep" and proceeded to laugh about it for ten minutes. And it's kind of hard to discourage the behavior when (1) it's natural and (2) it's still hilarious. She's definitely my daughter!

Jackson, with his limited vocabulary, is in on the joke. He sits around making beeping noises and showing us his butt. It's just too funny to stifle him.

Perhaps we will teach them to only beep and talk about beeps at home. I can only imagine the situations Ayla would get us into at school, church, etc. For now, I'm going to laugh at every beep and enjoy their sense of humor!

No comments:

Post a Comment