I Always Feel Like... Somebody's Watching Me!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

And so it begins...

Welcome you! If you're reading this blog, hopefully I can entertain you with stories of crazy children, work in a Mexican restaurant, endless home renovations (all of my own planning of course) and everything else that happens during the day.

I've been reading my friends' blogs and it gives me a nice sense of normalcy when I wonder if I'm the only person who deals with tantrums and cleaning poop off of Cabbage Patch dolls. I thought I knew what I was getting into with kids... but oh no, they just keep surprising! But every day, whether it starts with Ayla crawling into our bed or Jackson blabbering to himself in his room, is certainly unique.

And the name of this blog "Balancing on one foot", is really the story behind it all. I am a person who craves balance. Balance between work and play, life inside the home surrounded by family and getting out alone, between seriousness and ridiculousness. Balancing a baby in one arm and packages that I meant to mail weeks ago. Balancing while keeping the door open to let children out but keep cats in. All day long, it's finding the equality to keep ourselves sane and happy but challenged and open to new experiences.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! Looking forward to laughing in the blogosphere with you!

    ReplyDelete