I Always Feel Like... Somebody's Watching Me!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Princesses

 Especially with my first child being a girl, I get to watch Ayla repeat so many of the things I absolutely loved about being a kid. Making friends at school, dressing up in tutus, going through all of my mom's cosmetics in the bathroom and the obsession with princesses and Barbies.

I try not to cringe when Ayla talks about "not being pretty enough" in certain outfits or not wanting to do anything that might risk her NOT BEING A PRINCESS. It's a high priority right now, and I needed to dig a little in my past to remember when that was the most important purpose in life.

 Somewhere along the way, I learned how to mix the princess idea with being a real person. I'm sure Ayla will figure it out too!

I saved my "autograph" after meeting Cinderella for years.

Ayla couldn't be happier wearing all of her birthday bling!

No comments:

Post a Comment